Coconut is a versatile fruit which can be used for both sweet and savoury dishes. Few days back i got some lovely tender coconut and wanted to try out some thing really different so made this really amazing tender coconut kalakand. Hope you all like it.
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 3/4 cup chopped tender coconut
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Few strands of Saffron
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 pinch yellow color
- In a heavy bottomed vessel boil milk.
- Once boiled add lemon juice and stir well.
- When whey separates strain little water away.
- Keep little whey in the vessel and again keep this mixture in medium heat.
- Add sugar and start stirring till the sugar completely dissolves and the mixture starts leaving the pan.
- Now add in tender coconut and again mix well and switch off the gas.
- Divide the mix into two. In one portion add saffron and yellow color and leave other portion plain white.
- Set the mixture in deep vessel with white mix down and saffron mix upside. Set in refrigerator for 5 mins.
- Cut in squares or desired shapes and serve.
Ciao my dear friends so am back again with a yummy dessert from Italy. This cookies are not only party pleaser but are very delicious too. They are very easy to make and am sure you all will love it. These cookies taste more or less like cake sponges and contain eggs.So those who need to make it egg less can easily replace it with hung curd, but i haven’t tried it with hung curd so i don’t know how they would taste.
So here’s the recipe hope you all will give it a try.
- For Cookie
- 500 gms of all purpose flour
- 3 eggs( vegetarians can replace eggs with 1 cup thick hung curd and 1 tsp baking powder)
- 200gms of sugar
- 100 gms Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For Filling
- Scrapped out part of cookies
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- 75 gms mascrapone cheese
- 2 tsp sugar
- For Garnish
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Few mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp edible red color mixed in 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp edible yellow color mixed in 1/2 cup water
- First for cookies cream butter,sugar and eggs( hung curd and baking powder) if using in place of eggs till creamy.
- Once done add vanilla extract and slowly incorporate flour to firm a dough.
- In a lined baking try scoop out the dough to form small balls of equal size.
- Place them in a preheated oven at 180 degree celcious for 15 mins
- Once baked let them cool completely and then scrape off the centre(reserve the scrapped part for filling)
- Now for filling whip together the scrapped part of cookies, mascrapone cheese and nutella together .
- Fill this between each cookies. Dip in the colored water and roll in sugar and decorate it with one mint leaf
- Let this rest in fridge for at least an hour and then serve.