Yaaay am so happy today making a japanese cotton soft cheesecake from scratch was a dream to me and today i succeeded in making it.This cake was a nightmare for me. I have tried this cake 3 times first being utter disaster,second was ok types and third attempt well the pics ate before you. It turned out just perfect. Smooth flat top,pure white and silky smooth texture. Am sure you all will love it.
- 114 gm Cream cheese
- 30 gm all purpose flour
- 10 gm corn flour
- 3 egg whites
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 100 ml milk
- 70 gms powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Six inch cake tin
- Parchment paper
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Place egg whites in a very clean bowl. The bowl should be super clean a pinch of grease may spoil your cake.
- Place the bowl of egg whites over a double boiler and start whisking it till its frothy.
- Once frothy remove from double boiler and add half of the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks stage. Keep it aside.
- In another vessel add in cream cheese, milk,sour cream,butter and just melt by placing it over the gas.
- Add in egg yolks one by one in the cream cheese mixture and mix properly with each addition.
- Sieve in the flour and gently mix it till well combined. Strain the mixture for smooth texture and add in remaining sugar and again mix well.
- Combine egg whites with the cream cheese mixture in 3 additions and add in vanilla extract.
- Pour this in a parchment paper lined tin and gently give it a tap to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 160 degree in water bath for 45 mins.
- After 45 mins let the cake cool in the oven itself and slowly umold it.
- Dust some cocoa powder over the cake and serve with love.