Coconut is a versatile fruit which can be used for both sweet and savoury dishes. Few days back i got some lovely tender coconut and wanted to try out some thing really different so made this really amazing tender coconut kalakand. Hope you all like it.
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 3/4 cup chopped tender coconut
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Few strands of Saffron
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 pinch yellow color
- In a heavy bottomed vessel boil milk.
- Once boiled add lemon juice and stir well.
- When whey separates strain little water away.
- Keep little whey in the vessel and again keep this mixture in medium heat.
- Add sugar and start stirring till the sugar completely dissolves and the mixture starts leaving the pan.
- Now add in tender coconut and again mix well and switch off the gas.
- Divide the mix into two. In one portion add saffron and yellow color and leave other portion plain white.
- Set the mixture in deep vessel with white mix down and saffron mix upside. Set in refrigerator for 5 mins.
- Cut in squares or desired shapes and serve.