Sago/saboodana is widely used in India mostly during fasting. Sago is made from tapioca and hence is very filling when you are fasting. During festival of navratris (festival of nine nights) here in India most of us keep fast for nine days. During these nine days we have satvik aahar which means the food shouldn’t have onion and garlic and even rice is not allowed. So for small snackings sago upma , potato fries and sago mixture is made. I have already shared potato chips recipe here(https://flavorattack.wordpress.com/2016/02/24/sun-dry-potato-chips/) and hence today i will be sharing sago mixtures recipe. Hope you all will enjoy it.
- 2 cups tapioca pearls
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp Powdered sugar
- 2 Chili’s finely chopped
- 1 spring of curry leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted ground nuts
- 5-6 roasted cashews
- 5-6 roasted almonds
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp oil for frying
- Rock salt according to taste
- Mix water in tapioca pearls and let it rest for 5 mins
- After 5 mins fry them in got oil till they puff up.
- While frying keep flame as low as possible because these pearls pop off once fried
- Fry these pearls in batches for excellent results.
- In the remaining oil roast green chillies and curry leaves.
- Once tapioca pearls are fried let them cool and add lemon juice salt,fried chillies,curry leaves,roasted cashews, almonds,peanuts and powdered sugar.
- Mix them well and store in air tight container.