Mushroom Chili is one of my all time favorites. What i like most about this dish is its flavor and texture. Its crispy from outside and soft from inside. To add more the veggies(onion & capsicum) in it give it a nice crunch. No doubt its a hit among kids and adults.
Below is my simple and easy recipe.
- 10 button mushrooms sliced in halves.
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste.
- 1 teaspoon chili paste.
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon of garam masala.
- 2 pinches of asafoetida.
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper powder.
- 2 tablespoon of curd.
- 2 tablespoon of gram flour.
- 1/2 cup of corn flour.
- About half a cup of water for making batter.
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce.
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon each of finely chopped onion and garlic.
- Oil for frying.
- Salt to taste.
- Coriander leaves for garnish.
Wash and clean button mushrooms. Wipe them dry and dust them with little corn flour. Make a batter by mixing ingredients from 2 to 12 by adding little water and salt. The batter should be thick. Now dip the corn flour dusted mushroom in the batter and fry them in a medium heat till they are crispy and golden brown.
In another pan heat oil(you can use same oil that was used for frying). Add in chopped onion and garlic. Add in a pinch each of turmeric powder,coriander powder and pepper powder. Saute them till they turn pink. Once they are pink add in soy sauce,tomato sauce and sugar.Let this simmer for a minute. Then add in the cubed veggies(onion and capsicum) and fry for few minutes. Once the veggies are coated well add in fried mushroom and stir it till they too are well coated. Garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve hot.